Sometimes I just have to say no


I hate not being able to do everything I want. I also hate disappointing people. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day though. I have reached a point in my life where I accept my own limitations. Even if I don't want to. The new job means less free time for fun and sometimes even training. Reality sucks.

I had to pass up an opportunity to work on a movie. Shooting right here in the area. They need a handler of a dog in one small scene. A pretty easy gig from the sound of it. But the new second job schedule and my own already busy training schedule just isn't giving me the time I would need to do it. (not if I want to get any sleep that is)
I know how movie sets work, they rarely keep to a set schedule and I don't have the leeway I used to with my time. It sucks but I'll live. I console myself by saying there are no guarantees. It is always possible the scene ends up on the cutting room floor anyhow.
I sent the casting person info of other dog people and trainers in the area that might be able to help. The script calls for a chow but they are more interested in the dog being able to do what the scene calls for than the breed when push comes to shove. Fortunatly I know a fabulous Chow Chow breeder that I sent her to as well. (Zola at Red Cloud Chow Chows)
So even though I may have missed my shot in the movies, I hope someone else appreciates and enjoys the opportunity. May it go smoothly for everyone involved. I look forward to seeing the finished movie.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.