Jenny Glen and Lad at the World Stockdog Championship Trial, Calgary Stampede 2009

I attended this trial on Sunday July 5 and watched 80 handlers from across Canada and the US compete. Each handler had 4 minutes to do a gather, put 3 sheep in a figure 8 around two barrels, then come around the handler, drive up through a side chute, and finish by penning the sheep. The sheep were tough, and tended to face off the dogs and do a lot of stomping. It was a tough trial but in this run Jenny and Lad make it look easy. They had the second fastest time of the day of 2:27 minutes. Randy Dye of Bowden Alberta won the day with 2:18 with his dog (I think it was Sweep). Albertans did fantastic at this trial with many making the final cut. The overall winner (as I heard last night over the phone) was Pam Boring of British Columbia. Congratulations to everyone! You can read more about Lad under Trial Dogs at http://www.altapetestockdogs.com/

I wish I had brought my real video camera, this was filmed with my little Panasonic Lumix.



Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.