My New Tent!

After spending a week in BC I decided that spending money on hotels is just not worth it when you spend from 6 AM to 10 PM out at a dog event and then with friends. Inspired by my friend Penny, I decided to research tents! I have loved camping all of my life, and I know the dogs would much prefer to sit in a campground than in a hotel room. Today I got my new 'home on the road' - a Marmot Earlylight Tent. The reviews are fantastic, and best of all it has a very big vestibule where I could tuck stuff or even two little Border Collie crates. I have already decided the German Shepherds will have to sleep in the tent, as they will keep me feeling safe - though municipal and provincial campgrounds are usually very family friendly. Check out the set-up video! No, this guy does not come with the tent, sadly!







I am looking so forward to using my tent that I may go to Banff for an overnighter in the next week or two for fun! I also bought myself a little portable stove that I can use to make myself morning coffee or boil some soup. I have been beside myself with excitement since the idea hit me - and am looking forward to going back to my roots, since I camped my whole life with my parents, mostly at Quetico Provincial Park in northwestern Ontario. I also camped for a short time as an adult but that was eventually replaced by other stuff and fell by the wayside. It will be a fun project to collect some new camping gear in a kit, having left most of my stuff behind when I moved.

This will be perfect for all of the herding and tracking events out west. I am really turning into a wild west woman LOL. I've booked my first reservation for Aug 8-9 when I will be in a tracking seminar in Edmonton for the weekend, and will try out the beautiful Rainbow Valley Campgrounds. Much better than driving home and back, even if Edmonton is only 1.5 hours away.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.