Goodbye, Mr. Chip

Our sincere condolences go out to Jenny Glen on the loss of her dog Chip. You can read about it here: http://altapetestockdogs.blogspot.com/

I didn't know Chip well even though I did meet him a few times. But I do know that he meant a lot to Jenny. Thinking about him tonight, made me think about the main character in the old movie Goodbye Mr. Chips. I Googled the movie and found this description of Arthur Chipping, the main character, who was nicknamed Chips as a schoolboy:

Mr. Chips is the much-loved schoolmaster who devotes his life to Brookfield school and its generations of schoolboys in this poignant, classic story of a man who becomes a truly inspirational teacher.
I was trying to think of a connection, and realized it was right there in front of me. Each one of our dogs is a teacher, placed in our lives for a reason. Jenny's Chip devoted his life to her. Chip has gone on ahead and I am sure he got a great welcome from some great dogs, all inspirational teachers!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.