Calvin Jones Stockdog Clinic in Irricana Alberta

Me with Calvin Jones waiting to send Jet

Just a few quick pics as I am exhausted! Jet and Ted are in this clinic, at Wendy Schmaltz's place. Calvin Jones is from Wales and is a judge and Nationals winner in Britain. I wanted to see where Jet and Ted are at, and get back to stock-dogging, and I am so glad I entered this clinic. Calvin has been tweaking my handling and giving me really good tips on how to work each dog.

Jet flanking around the post

He says that overall my handling is good, but my reactions are a bit slow. This is to be expected as I have not worked sheep much in the past year. My dogs were awesome considering that same fact. In fact he said some kind things about the dogs which were nice to hear. Jet, a sharp but very nice bitch. Ted - a good dog, easier to handle - and don't hurt his feelings! I knew these things but it brings it all back to me how to handle each one so differently.

Jet about the take the sheep around the post

I am heading back tomorrow for a judging clinic to learn the finer points of trialing, and then need to find me a trial to enter! I'll have more pics after tomorrow, as someone with a BIG camera took over 800 pictures today. In the meantime, here are a few.


Ted makes his panels

Jet waiting her turn

Ted relaxed at my feet waiting for his run

The gang


And of course, thank ewe to the sheep




Oh dear, Jet ... it was not all perfect - this sheep bolted, but Jet did get her back...

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.