As promised, pug history in photos ~ Part 1

I finally whipped my scanner into submission so I could share some of the pug photos from a couple of ebay finds. The following photos are from "The complete pug" by Milo G. Denlinger second edition 1958, copyright 1947. I am facinated with breed histories and love looking at old photos. It is interesting to see them before we changed them so much.

The 4 photos above are originally from Watson's dog book - 1910 stated by author.

This is a terrible angle but she has the "rose" ears which aren't seen in many of the older photos.

"Button" ears are the one that flop down as above.

I find it interesting that so many of the dogs get their championships so young. What if they change as they completely mature? I also wish there were more dates listed of the photos.

She obviously had at least one litter by the time the photo was taken.


Is it me or am I seeing more noses and less fat on these dogs?



I had to add this one. Not the best photo but a great action shot!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.