Beautiful Autumn Walk

This afternoon I took everyone for a walk, to spend some quality time with all of them. I played hookey from SchH to do it, but it is important because I am heading off to Maui and needed to give all of the dogs fair time today. I am so lucky to have a house sitter coming to stay with the dogs while I am away!
Generally, there are some basic themes to the photos below.

1. On Jet and Ted's walk - Ted is such a good boy! And Jet, while she is a good girl, always looked off in the distance when I asked them to pose for a photo or wait for me. She is so funny (read, bad attitude but obedient) and Ted is so good (read, honest).

2. I walked River and Caden after Jet and Ted. BIG MISTAKE! River could enjoy the walk, but Caden thought he had to track the Border Collies, making for a daunting task of convincing him that he does not always have to work.

3. Pretty scenery! This is literally 15 minutes from where I live. I had to keep Caden on a line because of other people and dogs around, but was really happy with his obedience when they passed by.  Jet and Ted never even, ever, look at other dogs. They are such snobs!


Start of the walk, which mostly took us through the spruce trees in the distance.

Ted looking sweet. Jet's "you are an idiot" look as she holds her pose. On a funny note, a guy was walking by  at this moment with a big Lab, and neither of my dogs would acknowledge its presence. Hilarious little snobs, hahaha.

Jet looking ahead. Ted looking worried.

This cracks me up, Jet won't even look at me. Ted volunteers to lie down.


Ted looking at me, Jet looking into the distance...

Play, Ted found a stick. Jet prepares to take it away from him.

Running back to me. This picture looks like Thunder Bay!

Ted = good. Jet = bad. I asked them to wait for me. She looks away... *(but I love her so, and she did wait!)

River and Caden's walk (part 2)...Caden tracks the Border Collies...



And Caden, still tracking the Border Collies...

Peering out from behind a mossy trunk - reminds me of my favourite pic of Thorn in the sidebar of this blog...

The bridge shots...



 I love these two pictures of Caden (above and below). He is looking very grown up.


Below is a close up head shot of Caden at the bridge. It's interesting because the poplars in behind are so white in the sun.


And this is the pretty little creek we crossed over a few times.


And a beautiful shot of River and Caden!




Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.