Dr. Wayne Dyer in Maui - Thank you Wayne Dyer! Mahalo!

On the heels of my post below, I feel moved to add this quote from Dr. Wayne Dyer - ‎"Send love in some form to those you believe wronged you, and notice how much better you feel and how much more peace you have."

There is tremendous truth and wisdom in this statement. Last year, I called into a radio-show and spoke directly to Wayne Dyer about my life and this was his advice to me. This year, I gave him a thank you card for the advice, as my life has really been so blessed in the past year - I can't believe I can be so happy all the time, and I am surrounded by amazing, supportive friends. At the conference he said his next book will be about Forgiveness. It is not easy but it does bring peace.

It's hard to put into words what it's like to spend two days just listening to Wayne Dyer. He has so much inside of him to share with people. Particularly as he's had leukemia and I believe, is so moved and passionate now about his message. At the end of the weekend, I hung back as others were getting photos with him.

When the crowd was thinner, I said Dr. Dyer, my hug is for YOU. I told him I have had Cancer too, and how it does really impact how you view your mortality and the world. You become more emotional, and I told him I felt that Spirit was moving in him all weekend, especially when he kept getting choked up and moved to tears from time to time. He actually rested his cheek on my head and gave me such a hug, and it was a wonderful moment. Guess what though - we are ALL mortal. Our bodies are homes for our soul and spirit. I've heard Wayne Dyer say that LIFE is a sexually transmitted state which results in death, eventually. I think he was quoting Deepak Chopra on that one.

The photo above is from day one. On day two - my  hug day - I didn't want a photo, I just wanted to thank him. He has had such a positive impact in my life and attitude through his writing, CDs and presentations.



He was casual and in bare feet. Hey, it was Maui! There were close to 500 people there from all around the World - Australia, Asia, Europe, the US and Canada.  And, he always entered from the back of the room and casually made his way up to the front. He practices what he calls "radical humility." He said that he happened to have the microphone this weekend, but he knew that he could listen to our stories and learn as much from any one of us, too. You can see here people barely realize he's passing by. But once on stage, what a presence he has. Funny, wise, and very compassionate. Very giving of himself.


Ram Dass (below) also spoke - he is one of Wayne Dyer's teachers. Ram Dass was a Harvard professor who, in the 70s, left for India to adopt a new way of life and is now a guru in his own right. He's had a stroke, but has just written a new book called Be Love Now. His famous book is called Be Here Now. He was such a great speaker, despite his stroke - he spoke lucidly, with pauses between his sentences. But was very clear. And in one hour on the second day, he underscored Wayne Dyer's key messages very succinctly.


You could have heard a pin drop in there, and he did get a standing ovation. He also got up and walked up onto stage, after being told last year he would never walk again. It was quite moving and an honour to hear him speak. And of course, Lousie Hay, who wrote You Can Heal Your Life and other important books was there to speak on day one. She owns Hay House, now the largest publishing company of self-help and spirituality books in the world. She published her book at age 61. She is an amazing lady - who started down this path through her compassionate work with people who had AIDS in the days before much was known about that horrible disease.


I asked Wayne Dyer what to tell people about the retreat - and how to share the information. His advice was not to try talking or writing about it - but to simply LIVE it. That our actions speak more loudly than anything. As Mother Theresa said, there is enough talk - take a broom and sweep someone's house! That says everything.

Thank you Wayne Dyer!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.