Peace is the Way, even for dogs. A Dog Fable.

I am the witness of the events below, capturing it on my camera. I never interfere, or set things up. These are just the way things happen, and my interpretation!


This started out as a funny story about how the girls rule over the boys. Jet agrees! River loves to lie and guard a ball. I have the power, she says.


It all started when I wondered why Ted looked so dejected, and what River was up to around the corner. I grabbed my camera.


It turns out she has a ball. You can see Teddy's ear just over the edge of the bed.


Ted pops up to have a look. Nope, he says, I'll just let her enjoy it and bide my time.


He knows better than to mess with River. He's such a sweetie. But, he has his ways, keep reading...


In the meantime, as I was paying attention to River and Ted, Jet and Caden started to get silly. Jet gives Caden 'the eye' over her favourite ball


Caden makes a grab for it. He is young and brash, unlike Ted.


Caden tries to twist it out of her grip.


TUG! He weighs twice as much, but she will not let go. She is so tough. I call her a Wolverine. Or maybe a badger.

And look who wins. Don't mess with me, says Jet. Caden looks to see if Ted is having better luck


Ted smiles at me. I don't need no stinkin' ball, says Ted.

But as I was working on this album, I looked over, and there was Ted with the ball! I guess River got bored, and he simply moved in peacefully.

Nice dogs win, says Ted. My hero! Says Caden.


Jet thinks they are all idiots, but that is a story for another day.

Post Script

As I was finishing this up, I heard a thump from the bedroom. Ted had nudged the ball off the bed, and it landed beside River's nose. She is fast asleep, snoring away. He is just too much, my Teddy. Such a kind dog, he gave the ball back!



Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.