Girl Power - ME

A few posts ago, I wrote about girl power. Well that extends to me too! I am so proud of myself about how I single-handedly manage my house and yard. I just love this house, my renovated church...Spiritdance Church. I love the open concept, studio feel, and I love the church stuff still in it. It is perfect for me, and has such an awesome big yard. I was really lucky to find it. It is inspiring to keep it looking cute. Pretty soon I'll post some updated photos of the inside, because I have moved furniture and changed the colours so that it looks like a Morrocan caravan tent, it is so funky and fun, in oranges, golds and purples.

This picture was taken last Christmas, before shoveling, but it looks about like this now, except it's shoveled.

There are days I fight feeling overwhelmed, but I get'er done (Alberta phrase) and am always amazed with myself. I shovel, bring out garbage, keep the house maintained, car maintained, tackle problems that are always coming up - and finding out just what an amazing person I am. Sorry - I just had to say that. Now I must say, I did a lot of this in northwestern Ontario too, but it's different when you KNOW you are the only one to look after things. If you haven't been there, you can't really understand it. It is a little scary but also makes you feel so grateful each day, for each little thing.

On top of it, the dogs have a great life and are happy and busy. I take care of them, and me. I can't believe it some days! Happy. It is possible to start a new life somewhere, and time does heal.

I took this photo of my little deck Buddhas a few days ago. They now live in a corner in the main room. I am still a bit in shock that a few weeks ago I was on the beach in Maui and it was 90 degrees, and now it is minus 10 C and there is so much snow! Not much has been going on - get up, go to work, come home in the dark, shovel snow, feed dogs, go to bed. My dog runs are nice this year - metal roofs and nice new doghouses, plus all that new gravel. Mind you, River is getting older and she won't ever be left out this winter. She is officially a house dog now. She says it is about time! Ten is the magic age. I give a lot of credit to the dogs for this new life of mine, since it is through them that I've met some great people - and because of them that I kept going some days when I didn't think it was possible.


OK, I'll admit that I get some help and support from a few special people - but mostly it's me (just in case they are reading this...)


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.