Caden Brings the Ball!

Tonight I got out my old portable jumps from my days of obedience with my Rough Collie Katie. I have not used them for Caden, and decided to have some fun with him. I played around with throwing his precious yellow ball over the jump a few times. The jump is set at his wither height of 24 inches. In SchH he will have to jump much, much higher! This is baby height! Caden is so athletic, he has no problems jumping. Next, I had him lie down with his ball, then walked to the other side and called him over the jump. After a couple of those - I tried putting it together.

Caden is such a keen worker - he figured out the game - this video is our 7th try! I sound excited, but seriously, he jumps, brings the ball back and sits! I swear he even did an OUT.



Here he is doing a recall over the jump. My grass is pathetic this year - but it has not stopped raining long enough for anything to dry or enjoy sun. The soil is damp and it is very depressing. Back to Caden - nice and straight and a good sit!


We had been using the chairs in the background to do a 'group' heeling exercise. He did OK but I need to practice this more. In this video, he does a straight recall. We had been working and playing hard for about 45 minutes by this time, so he is a bit tired. I must admit, I don't mind him that way!

Sorry my neighbour is mowing. Hmm... she has one old dog and more grass...




And when he was done, he pulled a Border Collie stunt, and ran to water! Jet and Ted lie in this little tub. Caden splashes around in it. I always keep fresh water there for the dogs. They just love it. Maybe the SchH people should have a tub like this handy for the dogs after they work! It is a great idea and cools the dogs down.


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.