Familiar face at the GSD Club of Calgary Schutzhund practice

Last Sunday I went to the GSD Club of Calgary with Caden. Well-known tracking judge Erich Kunzel is a life member of the club. He came out that afternoon to say hello. They had a big meeting to plan the May trial so there was a big turnout that day. Here is Erich (below) with Wayne and Diane Carnegie, (Erich) and SchH Judge and club member Jan (I am sorry, I did not get his full name! I have to learn names - so many new people...)
River earned her TD under Erich in 2004. Here I am with River and Erich in Thunder Bay. It was SO cold that day, we could hardly stand to be outside one minute longer! I had Cancer surgery the year before, so it was really good to get out tracking again and River loved it too.

It was so wonderful to see him! Now I am only an hour away as he lives in Calgary. Erich has been a CKC tracking judge for many years and was a frequent judge in Thunder Bay. He has also been the CKC tracking representative in Alberta for many, many years and is well-beloved by local trackers, many of whom he mentored. Below is a picture of one of the dogs in training - with the helper Mark, club trainer Wade and owner Dan who is also the club president (Dan has been helping me out with Caden!)


Later we worked with Caden, getting him started in Protection. He is such a nice dog and I am learning so much. I really am amazed at how rewarding this training is, and I am enjoying learning so many new things.


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.