Cranbrook BC Tracking Seminar - Shaman holding down the fort

This is how Shaman spends his days. Come to think of it - that's pretty nice...

Tomorrow I drive to Cranbrook to give a Beginners Tracking Seminar. Everyone is coming - River, Caden, Jet and Ted. But Shaman is staying home. I feel so sad to leave the old guy - so I have been letting him come back and forth with me as I load the car.

I found out last week that he is blind in his left eye and may have limited vision in his right eye. He may have had a stroke at some point, and he is fighting cancer. I do my best to make life fun for him, and he fills me with admiration for the way he is still so confident and interested in everything.

I am very excited about the drive through the Rocky Mountains. I think I will stop in Banff for lunch! Caden is so well- travelled now - from Pennsylvania to Duluth to Thunder Bay, to the west, and this will be his second time to Banff!!
There are ten working dogs in the seminar, and I will be covering urban as well as beginners. It will be so great to be getting back to talking about and teaching tracking. I will "feel like myself again!"

I'll be sure to bring my camera!
And this is how Shaman spends his nights...


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.