A new method to predict tracking test outcomes


River in my back field in Thunder Bay, July 2008

Today is River's birthday! It's hard to believe she is 9 years old! River is my first Urban Tracking Dog and she is ready for her UTDX. Now that I have moved to Alberta, I am in unfamiliar territory and trying to figure out when and where to try for this title. She is probably tracking better than ever right now, and at that age when she is physically fit and also very wise.

I've written so much about River that I thought I would focus on this goal, on the event of her birthday. What does the coming year look like for River? I think that on my quest to write something different, I may have come up with a new formula for deciding when to enter tests, and what the outcome will be. I found it here:

Quite honestly, results in tests are so random that checking River's birthday horoscope seems like as good a way as any to plan the year. I must confess here that a good and trusted friend told me today that I am starting to look like the crazy blog lady lately - I believe it is directly related to the coming spring and wanting to get tracking! I promise that once I get training in earnest, and once the classes and seminars begin, this blog will look more like a training blog.
So here we go - River is a Pisces. We all know that Pisces are known for their dream-like qualities in that they are dreamers more than doers. But will this mean River doesn't buckle down? Here is what her horoscope says...

- "Your creative impulses are strong this year...favourable activities are dancing, swimming, photography and entertainment..."
I hope that does not mean 'being creative on track! I suppose one can't expect 'tracking' to make the list, but a little happy dance after we pass, and a photo with the judge sound really good...

- "Good overall emotional balance..."
Bonus! Sounds like a pass to me!

-"You are likely to be at the top of your game this year. Your self confidence and positive attitude will reward you..."
Even better news!!! I am really liking this method of predicting our test outcomes.
- "You will have a 'what will be will be' attitude..."
Nonononononononono

- "Your energy levels will vary, waxing and waning in a somewhat moody fashion..."
nononononononononoooooooooo...

- "You will enjoy a boost in your personal popularity..."
YES!

- "This is a year of preparation, chance, and refinement..."
That sounds about right - River is prepared, we will refine our teamwork, and of course, chance always plays a role in tracking tests!

- "Number 7 is your number for 2009."
Track 7??? A test on the 7th day? 7 days of practice a week? 7 cheeseburgers if you pass? I need help to understand this one... but will watch for that number!
And lastly,
- "...get in touch with your deepest needs and uncover your personal power..."
OK. I must convince River that one of her deepest needs is to pass, and then, hold my end of the team up!

I hope that you have found this unique new method enlightening and that it helps you to determine when to enter tests this year, and what outcomes you can anticipate.
Since I am also a Pisces, I think this might make us a good duo. I've always felt we share a special bond with similar personalities - quirky, emotional, love bones (oh, no, that is River).
Speaking of bones - here she is with her birthday bone (with sincere apologies to my friend for yet another photo of River with a toy or a bone...)



Here is River tonight with her birthday bone. Happy Birthday to my special girl.


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.