Jet's little blanket - Well, isn't that special?

Jet is such an enjoyable and bright little dog to live with. I honestly don't think I have ever had as smart a dog, even though sometimes she gets this "church lady" look on her face. Do you remember that skit on Saturday Night Live with Dana Carvey?

Jet often seems to be judging everyone and determining that she is surrounded by idiots. In the photo above, she is giving me the look. The quote from SNL was "isn't that special?" That was in the days of Dennis Miller, Jon Lovitz (the compulsive liar) and our own Martin Short (Canadian, from Ontario). I guess I am dating myself... the 80s were fun...
Anyhow - you be the judge

Church Lady*...
Jet...
I guess that in addition to 'church lady' (or instead of it!) you would expect me to compare Jet to Snoopy, but in fact, she is more like Linus with her lttle blanket (or dogbed) always at hand. I caught these pictures of her the other day, after she pulled her bed out of her doghouse, and brought it to the backyard so she could chew her bone in style.

Later the same evening, I was working on my computer, and looked down to see that she brought out a different dogbed out of a crate in the bedroom (which is a very convenient piece of furniture by the way, great for piling laundry on!). Here she is at my side on a dogbed she brought over. Heaven forbid Jet should lie on grass, or, the floor! Actually, she did muster up a smile for this photo.
"All-righty then!"
We are having quite a heatwave, so I have been keeping their water tub full of cool clean water. Caden loves to drop his Giggle Ball into it, then pull it out (over and over). As you can see, Jet has quite a bubble of space around her. Caden just hangs out by the pool. He is trying to make his Giggle ball look really interesting. He doesn't need a stupid dog bed or bone!


*Note that the above Church Lady photo is actually a Dana Carvey impersonator named Nick Tarr, from his website nicktarr.com - wow, great impression! Beow is a thumbnail of Dana Carvey in the role.
Well, isn't that special!
And, since I am a piano player (and I did play in a band way back when...around the SNL's golden days), I have to share this link to YouTube, even though it is not the Church Lady - it is Dana Carvey's "Choppin Broccoli" - fanastic! Such a good parady of a self-important rock star. He actually performed this song as his audition to SNL.

See here for information on the heat wave - it has been over 30 C every day!

Heat wave hits regionreddeeradvocate.com - Red Deer,Alberta,CanadaBy Brenda Kossowan - Red Deer Advocate Inflatable boats and rafts are selling by the hundreds as people prepare for what will be one of the hottest weekends ...


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.