What do dog trainers do on Canada Day?

Well at the Calgary German Shepherd Schutzhund Club, they trained! I love dog people who are this passionate. We all brought some goodies and enjoyed like-minded company.
This is Brian and Ali. Ali was the #1 Bouvier in the World two years ago, competing in Germany. He has an amazing list of accomplishments, and just won the Prairie Regional Championships. I wonder if training under a double rainbow has any secret mythical powers?
There's Ali's last Out at the Prairie Regionals. I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time to get this photo. The Calgary Club did well, with first and second place and between several members won the Club trophy for total points too. I am new to SCH so can't add to much to that - however I am appreciating the great training tips from such seasoned competitors.
The sky was the scene stealer that day, as the weather could not make its mind up. I love the Alberta sky. Club members worked around on July 1 on the grounds. Below is the entrance to the club, decorated with some haybales for the Stampede Week. Boy, all of Calgary gets onboard with the Calgary Stampede. Check out the beautiful sky!
And here is my car TWOLVES. I tried really hard to get a picture of Ted. Ted is such a mild-tempered dog, but that afternoon he sat in my front seat and got really into the Schutzhund spirit. During the training, he started to bark quite seriously in the front seat. Every time I went towards the car he would grin at me and smile and pin his ears back. I finally had to hide and take this from a distance - the REAL Ted, coming out of his shell! Nose pointed in the air as he barks.
Sucky Ted pretending he is just mildly watching from the window...
Ted and Jet sleeping on the way home. Caden and River are in crates behind my seat. Jet claimed the seat, so Ted crawled in-between. Watching SCH can make a dog tired!
For more sky shots, please visit my photo blog (http://spiritdancephotoblog.blogspot.com/ )


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.