My Tracking Line

Well, I am packed and ready to go to BC where I am entered in a UTDX test with River. At some point this evening, I realized I was missing MY TRACKING LINE. I was out training on Tuesday night in the pouring rain, and I suddenly pictured my line, lying on the parking lot. It is a beautiful orange line made of mountain climbing rope. Surely it was gone, I thought! I pictured it being used to tie down someone's ATV on a trailer, or some such thing.

I did what any tracker would do - had a fit, cried, and fantasized about canceling all of my plans.

Then I called my Schutzhund tracking friend Dan, because he trains in the same location a lot. I asked him to keep an eye out for my line. Dan and his wife Susan actually drove there, found my line and brought to my house! I was so thrilled! Hugs all around.


The trip is back ON. And look how beautifully wound up my rope is! I took a picture, because it will never look like this again. A good omen, now!
This is Dan and Ali after completing a successful track at the Prairie Regionals, where Dan placed 2nd overall. After he is done, he coils that line right up. I think he winces when he sees me fiddling with my line! If I am going to do SCH I need to learn to coil mine up, too.

Thanks Dan and Susan!






Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.