Busy Dad

This week, my Dad built me a new stair railing for my back steps. This winter I will be able to use them without landing flat on my back, as Alberta gets so icey in the winter...not a lot of snow, but the Chinooks make for great ice all the time. I added new gravel to the backyard too. The steps are just over the little igloo that is Jet's hideout, to the right of the deck. Now, they have a handrail.


Also, with help from my friend Dan Waters, built new roofs for my dog runs, with metal slopes so the rain/snow will melt and not accumulate on tarps. Funny, it was my Dad who helped me by building my dog run in Thunder Bay, too, which I had to leave behind. Thanks Dad!!

This is the Border Collie run. It used to belong to an awesome Bloodhound named Nero, owned by Dave Kenney. Dave and Nero had citations from the Ontario Provincial Police for Nero's tracking and trailing work in northwest and northeast Ontario. It is a 'good luck run.' When Nero died, I got it from Dave. I used to write articles about Nero for the media - Dave was a Conservation Officer with Ministry of Natural Resources where I worked for 20 years in Ontario. He was one of the first people who introduced me to tracking! I laid a track for Nero once, and watched as the big galut came for me. He used to take hold of your arm very gently and possessively. He was quite a dog. Died in his old age of bloat, which is the way so many Bloodhounds go, sadly.

Last night we went for dinner, then chilled and watched NCIS. My Dad and Caden hogged the couch, like typical males. 


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.