Chloie is ready for her new home

I was trying to get some good pics of Chloie so I can show her off. I've had some inquiries about akitas and since she is in the K-9 Corrections program awaiting a new home I thought I would mention her first.


She apparently wanted a close up. Excuse the short whiskers. One of the handlers got a little scissor happy during grooming.

She is abit on the small side for a female akita but I think she is the perfect size. Not to big but not to small. I am told she loves to burrow in the snow.
We were working on stand/stay during the photo shoot. She has completed the program and is available for adoption through http://www.humanesocietyofknoxcounty.org/ on the coast of Maine. Until she finds a home she will be staying at the prison and they will continue working with her. She knows all the basics, (including a fabulous recall) is crate trained, housebroken and knows a bunch of cute tricks too.


Seriously, how can you resist that face? Ideally I think she would do best as an only dog in a cat free home. (she failed the shelters cat test) I plan on testing her on Saturday with a submissive male dog if I can borrow one that is appropriate. (from the shelter) But at this point with her past as a breeding bitch and from some reactions I've seen I don't think she wants to share her space with another dog. Plus I think she deserves to be spoiled after being neglected to the point of not knowing how to play. She is a great dog and someone really missed the boat by dumping her at the shelter. She loves people and has even shown affection and gentleness towards kids.

So if you know anyone in the market for a great akita that has some good solid foundation training under her belt (thanks to my very dedicated handlers) please pass her info along. I would appreciate it.

P.S. She LOVES to work and I think she would make a fabulous agility prospect.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.