The World of Sheepdogs - A Photographic Tribute

This is the front cover of Angie's first book
- the first of many, I hope!
(link is below)

I am sure a lot of you know Angie Driscoll and Kelvin Broad from the time they spent in Canada. Just last week, Angie paid me a huge compliment by asking if I would review a book she wrote. You know I love to read and write, and I've done book reviews for other herding books and videos in past years, so of course I said yes! I just received a copy of the book and I am so excited that I am going to spill the beans just a little on my blog. Since this is not the review, I will quote me:

This book is amazing! I have not seen another book quite like it. And at this time of year, when I look out on all of the snow, it is wonderful to sit and go through one photo after another of Border Collies working sheep. Finally, a coffeetable book that captures the beauty and intensity of these dogs working sheep.

I don't want to scoop my own review here, though! I will give you the scoop on this book, but you will have to wait for my full review once it is official. I hope Angie forgives me, but I can't keep this to myself. More information about this book is found on their Kinloch Sheepdogs website at



If you go to this link, you can read about the dogs in the book (from 19 countries) and find out about some of the other very useful information the book provides. I am not sure how many copies there are in the first printing, so you may like to have a peek. You will be blown away by the photos on the website, so just imagine the book!

I have admired Angie and Kelvin and been a bit green with envy too, as they left Canada for England, Scotland and most recently, Wales to follow their passion. I've lived vicariously through Angie's blog on her Kinloch Sheepdogs website, reading about their adventures as tenant shepherds, entering trials and meeting "Sheepdog" royalty in Britain, the ancestral home of the Border Collie. Angie even won an Open Trial with her dog Meg. I get shivers every time I look at Meg's page on her website, when I read "1. A. Driscoll (South Wales) Meg, 96 Outbye 2. R. Dalziel (Ettrick) Joe, 96." Angie won the trial with Meg! Angie was also the web mistress for the World Trials last year.

This book was a natural outcome of the time they've spent living the life I know *I* was meant to live! At least going through the book gives me a chance to daydream.


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.