River's Urban Track and GREAT NV turn!


River did a really nice job on her track at Olds College. She is so much more experienced than Jet. This was a 600 meter track with 8 turns (one was open angle) and three articles - plastic, metal and leather. In this post there is a Google Map, a marked slideshow, and a video.

I hope you enjoy watching this as much as I LOVED following River. For 10 years old she did a great job!

This Google Earth image did not show the new parking lot and road, which I roughed in with white lines in the image above.

When I laid it I was a bit worried about the construction going on at about the midway point. I had not planned a wonky turn on gravel, but there was nowhere to go when I laid it. River not only aced it, but turned and gave me a look as if to say "are you keeping up?" At that point I was so excited. I love tracking, because I never know what will happen.

I used a technique you will see on the Birch Bark Hill blog, where Susan uses coloured lines to show you what is going on. The blue line in these pictures is the track, and the orange lines show you River's little deviations. Each one is explainable - going to check a doorway, a manhole, and going around a box (in that picture, I put a purple arrow showing you how I had to fling my line over it so it would not get caught!).

I videotaped the end, so you can watch a slideshow of the track, then the video of the last part. I believe you scroll over this with your cursor, and then click on the little coloured circle or the title (which is a link) and open a bigger version of this to watch.



And here is the video of the hard-surface portion of her track. She was so "on" that I just ran behind trying to catch it on video. As you notice, her head is up for most of it. Somehow conditions were right for her to be dead-on right to the last article. I love my girl! I love following her!


Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.