Video of River's 23 hour old track


River does a body snap to find this metal article in part 3. I know it is not what you would find on a track (hopefully) -- metal on non-veg, between curbs, and by a light. But sometimes I do weird things in training, so I am prepared for everything in testing! She blew my mind when she did a body snap for it. I think it may be my favourite moment of the track (aside from the beginning, oh and the end).

The entire description of this track is in the post below (May 9). It was 900 meters and 23 hours old! I laid it on Saturday morning, and ran it on Sunday morning. The light rain freshened the track, and only one article was missing. I was shocked that a lot of my dried liver was still in place too. Clearly the critters at this college are not tuned into tracking yet!  So without any further comments, here are the videos (missing one small chunk, sadly due to my error) and the parts of the map to go with each. There are some new buildings at the college, so you will see the map is not always completely accurate, particularly in part 2 where her article blows up to a building that is NOT there on the map!!

Full map


Map of part one - start and first turn... (move that flag and start around the corner, oops)...when she made that first turn, I knew she was on. She goes offtrack for some personal business and I rush to turn of the film (!). Listen, I exercise my dog. She just seems to get her system going once she tracks. It is interesting, it looks like the scent rolled off the berm into the curb in one part.
Video part one



Map of part two (I missed a big section because I got muddled up...) ...in this part there is a duck on the track, and also - she finds an article that blew or was tossed off track! I am looking ahead while I film, so was so surprised! I thought I saw it ahead, but it was a straw in the grass, lol.

Video part two



Map of part three - the parking lot and metal article - but it starts with her marking duck poop (argh)...I guess seeing that duck earlier had her dander up! (Oh nice, and the thumbnail for the video is of River and the duck poop, yeesh! Can I change that?)

Video part three




Map of part four - not much going on here - wind our way through the residence area. I don't let her go into a children's play area. Pretty straightforward. She looks under a footbridge that I am sure attracted scent.

Video part four



Map of part five - there was a missing article after another non-veg turn. It was the only missing article! But she finds a piece of food. You may recognize those windows from a few weeks ago - when Jet found mice running up the walls in this exact spot. River checks out a chain link fence that can trap and hold scent, then goes up some stairs (another nice body snap) and as she gets to the last article, you can hear me getting choked up. She is my 'tracking champion' - in my heart!

Video part five


My special girl!


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.