Jet's Soccer Field Track of Many Turns


This is so cool! In this video, you can actually see Jet pay attention to corners, and on the second one she actually stops and BACKS UP two steps when she realizes she has lost the scent. I am so impressed!

I have been working more on grass and field with Jet as she needs a TDX plus a UTDX now for that Tracking Championship. Her urban work is pretty solid but I discovered that she needs way more accuracy on the field. So I've been using some "soft" Schutzhund commands with her to work the footsteps, along with soft 'no' or pops when she goes off. It's good timing as I have been working with Dan Waters every day on Caden's footstep tracking too.
Here is the map. 230 meters and 45 minutes old, winding around trees with one turn out in the open field. She handled the trees as obstacles very well but I also placed treat in strategic places.

I noticed last weekend that she tends to go off the track to "think" which I allowed in her urban work. Unfortunately when you allow these things, they become behaviour and I think she is doing it out of habit - or even to give herself a break (because she IS Jet and she can be a little dishonest). She tried to do it in the video below at the College and I popped her and said to get to work. Two nights ago she seemed to take this lesson to heart. I did yet another motivational track with her on a different soccer field. This track was only 45 minutes old and there was a light rain.




Isn't she just the cutest tracking dog? She loves to show me by putting her chin on the articles. And she'll ham it up over and over for photos. I think she loves the camera!


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.