USBCHA National Border Collie Finals in Virginia are happening!

My Ted, a son of Scott's Pleat, flanking sheep earlier this summer near Bowden
Wow, I look at this photo and am in awe of how well he moves and is built

As usual, I root for the Canadians, but especially for Scott Glen who is a World Class handler from here in Alberta. He was the first Canadian to win the US Border Collie Handler's Association Nationals, and with his own homebred dog Pleat, and that year also took reserve too! He has sort of "lived the dream" of so many Border Collie people, and is a wonderful person and great teacher on top of it. He was featured in a news story earlier this week, before the trial started. You can read that here. 

I also root for Jenny Glen, who keeps a fantastic trial blog. Today I read about Jet's mom Maid who made it around the course, in very hot weather with very difficult sheep. There is one photo on the blog where she looks just like my Jet (her daughter). Here is the link to her blog.

Plus, there is a webcast with live action - http://www.nationalsheepdogfinals.com/webcast/ and there is Twitter live feed too. I re-tweeted the last tweet for Scott and Maid which you can see to the left in my Twitter feed. If you click on the link to the time stamp, it will take you to a play by play Twitter account of each run. For diehards only, LOL. But very cool use of technology. Thanks to Heather Nadelman of California.

Go Scott! Go Jenny! Go everyone! I wish I was there. I wish I was working sheep anywhere, actually. But one day, will be at the finals (even as a volunteer...)

I was lucky enough to get Jet and Ted from Scott and Jenny. They are classy dogs with no sheep. Am I whining again? Oh, forgive me. It is hard this week to not think about it. Working on it, but it's hard to find something to afford here in Alberta...very hard to replace what I had in northern Ontario, and that's just a fact. In the meantime, we track, and do Schutzhund and dream of sheep.


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.