More pictures of Caden and Kleinenwiese Arla (and her puppies) herding

This is a close-up shot of Caden flanking around the sheep. I love this shot - he is using the outside perimeter of the round pen, and he has his head turned to keep an eye on those sheep!I sent these pictures to his breeder Sandy who uses her dogs on sheep every day. She sent me this photo of Arla taken quite a few weeks ago. Arla is Caden's full sister from an earlier breeding (same parents). Look at how calm she is, with her head turned in to watch those sheep. See how calm the sheep are - they know to stay in their grazing area because she is patrolling the border! I love to see these pictures because it gives me a visual image of what to watch for, such as the head turned in like this.



Arla just had nine puppies! 5 boys and 4 girls - I keep saying to myself "Donna, you have enough dogs to keep you busy..." Check the puppies out at www.kleinenwiese.com/Blog/

Do you think those puppies were "herding" in this photo? Boy, talk about starting early!


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.