River's UTDX Training continues

The videos below are posted in order from start to finish of the track, scroll down to watch them all...

River with her final article - a very well-worn old glove, missing fingers. No one will ever pick up this glove! It is too hacked out! I had to use a flash, because it was getting dim by the time we were done.

River is blowing me away, which is always dangerous when you are building up to a test. I lay my own tracks, but try very hard to use a loose line, and follow her as though I don't know where it goes, but as you know - when you know where your own track goes, you can do the most subtle things to guide your dog.
Map from Olds College website, showing River's track and articles. A normal UTDX has three. Her articles were - cloth, plastic, leather, metal and the final was another leather. The track starts at the bottom right and ends by the water tower, with a little jog on a brick path past a Gazebo and through a garden.

The track was 3 hours old on the nose. Laid at 6:22 and run at 9:20. When she was finished, it was 9:39 - she just motored! I have a squishy shoe - sorry for that irritating noise. This time I tried to whisper and not talk too loudly, just in case she does speak English.

This is the map for this track. I will try to arrange the video clips in order. I kept hitting pause, so I could break them up a bit. I pre-plotted this track on Google Earth, but had never been to Olds College before. It worked out pretty well, but at the end, I decided to go through a Gazebo garden as I could see that if I continued as I had plotted it, I was not going to have a good walk-out. So I ended by the water tower instead.


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.