The Bath Whisperer

Caden came in tonight just caked with mud on his legs and tummy. There was no way around it, he needed a bath. I closed the bathroom door and let him calm down. Last time I bathed him, I lifted him in and got gouged by his nails as he fought and wiggled! After he looked in a few times, and I said YES, he put a paw on the edge. I didn't touch him once, just said he was a good boy.
I started to softly say hup, in you go. I kept it very calm. Suddenly, he just hopped in! I remember years ago, my sister having to bath my dog Hawk. She fought and fought with him and finally said GET IN THERE, and he jumped in. She was babysitting him. What a good sister! That was my inspiration for just talking Caden into the tub without a fight.
He even stood camly while I took this photo with my Blackberry, which was the only thing handy. I calmy cleaned off all the mud from his legs and belly and didn't make it a long process, so he would feel happy wtih his choice. I am so proud of him, and proud of myself. A small victory, and very sweet!
And look what came off! Thank goodness he was so cooperative. I am The Bath Whisperer, LOL


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.