The Ted Show, a 10-step tutorial for your dog

The moral of this story is: Don't encourage a Border Collie.

Ted enjoyed the other night so much that he has invented "The Ted Show" which comes back by popular demand every time I am at my computer and the TV is playing, which is, well, every night.

My week days are pretty routine. Come home, walk River, Jet and Ted for about 45 minutes or so. Drop them off, get Caden, go for another 45 minutes. Come home. Train Caden. Grab a bite. By this time is it 7:30. Turn on the TV, turn on the computer, and ....

......IT'S THE TED SHOW!

Tonight I took a series of photos to demonstrate his fancy routine. Please feel free to show this to your dogs, as I am sure it will spice up your evenings the way it does mine! Please imagine viewing these as stills from a short documentary...

Step One, Ted gets my attention:
Steps 2-4: He assumes his position on "his stage" - right in front of the TV and begins to play with his ball, but "accidentally loses grip of it" as the play progresses...
Step 5: OOPS! Ted drops the ball
Steps 6-8: Ted assumes cute poses, as he can't possibly get his own ball. Wouldn't it be fun if I was to join the game? He emphasizes through his actions that he is NOT getting that ball!
Step 9: I am successfully drawn in, and throw it back to him. I caught a great shot of him about to catch it!
Step 10: Begin again
River comes by to check his ball, but likes her own better. As you can see, Ted is relaxed with River, unlike the other night when Jet swooped in to steal the ball!
Ted and River take their balls to a more comfortable spot. Oh no, Ted is about to drop it again! He is really enamoured with his invention of dropping the ball by accident!
You can enjoy this game in 10 easy steps, thanks to Ted's cooperation in the creation of this tutorial.
How can I resist such a cute face?


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.