Gonna do a Raindance!

I would give anything for a few days of long, steady rain! I haven't experienced a nice long, hard rainfall since moving to Alberta. Dry, dry, dry. Wind. Wind. Wind.

As you can see from this map, the west is seeing very little precipitation...

Text from website (I bolded the last line):  This issue’s map shows the total amount of precipitation that has fallen across the Prairies this agricultural year (Sept. 1, 2009 to March 17, 2010). So far this agricultural year there is a definite east/west split through the Prairies. Areas east of central Saskatchewan are heading into spring with relatively good amounts of precipitation during this period. West of this region is another story, with very dry conditions over most areas. The worst area is just east of Coronation and Hanna, Alta. Parts of this region have seen less than 30 millimetres over the last six and a half months.



I miss water and trees! I miss lush, green grass!

But I don't miss mosquitoes!!!

A fire ban went into effect today because of high winds and extreme dry conditions. It is very discouraging to keep tracking in this - dry, dead mouldy grass and dusty conditions.

On the plus side, my dogs are handling it well - even the wind! I never really knew what tracking in high winds was like until coming here.

Well, that is my rare, belly-aching post. I actually need a shower after cleaning my backyard, from being pelted with dust and mould.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.