My Alberta Family

Last night my birthday was celebrated at Annette St. Cyr's gorgeous log resort home on Gull Lake. She invited my friends to come, and I was just overwhelmed by being in the company of such great people. Some people could not make it but I have been hearing from friends all weekend. Thank you so much!

In the above photo are: Dan and Susan Waters, Shannon Boyce-Campbell and one of her sons (the other was around somewhere!), Barbara Munn, Pam and Jerry Prescott, Erich and Norma Kunzel, Annette and Michelle Harrington. River is in this shot too, since it was her 10th birthday this week - you can see one glowing eye between me and Michelle! Below, River joins me to blow out candles - but she is not too impressed with "fire" on the table, LOL...

And here are two shots of our most gracious hostess Annette - one of her finishing laying out the meal which was FANTASTIC!

And one of Ted doing what else? Schmoozing the host! All of the dogs took turns coming in during the evening. Annette took a lot of photos which I will add here. She took one of me with Erich Kunzel and Dan Waters. You all know of Erich as one of our long-time, respected CKC judges who is a mentor to me.

Last night Erich gave me a handmade card with a picture of me and River on it, that he took when he judged River's TD back in 2005! It was very touching. And he and Dan shared a great laugh over my body language! I think Erich officially passed me on to Dan for my ongoing remedial training, LOL. It was very funny. I was honoured to see everyone there and particularly honoured that Erich and Norma were able to share this time with me.
It was such a treat to see all of my friends gathered in one room - some dog and other "non doggy" people (yes I have some friends of that variety)...a very special night and possibly the best birthday party I have ever enjoyed!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.