Jet's Hard Surface Turns on two tracks this weekend

Jet enjoys a McDonald's plain cheeseburger at the end of her track

Jet did urban tracks at Olds College on Saturday and Red Deer College on Monday. Yesterday we did some motivational field tracks and article work. Below are the portions of video showing her hard surface work. She has a different style from River but much like River, Jet likes hard surfaces. If you watch these videos, you will see that she seems to stop and think, then make her decisions and go.

On the Olds urban track, I walked through this open portion of a building. Jet went through, and sniffed the walls. I placed an article just at the other end on the grass.

I love the video from Olds where she literally bounds off to the left once she works it out. At Red Deer College, my filming was a bit off but you can still see (sorry!). She stands in the parking lot and thinks for moment, then goes forward again to the turn, does a little cast (my line handling meant some rough filming) and again, takes off down the sidewalk.

Red Deer College hard surface turn April 5 (I am talking to Pam, who is following to be "the judge"...I am not ALWAYS talking to myself!):


Below is the Google map for Red Deer College. It was 250 m and one hour old. School was in, but just ending when we ran this track around 3:15 PM today. The track starts at the bottom. The first article is after the second turn on veg and the second article is at the end of a long sidewalk between two parking logs.


Olds College April 3:



At Olds College, Ted helped as the cleanup crew, gathering start flags. I left one article for him to "happen to find" which gave him such great joy. This dog is so crazy for toys.
I asked Ted to stay, the said HUP for him to leap this bench - for the glove I was waving.
How can you not love this dog? He is so willing to please, and so athletic, and happy.
He just needs some sheep to make his life complete!

I will post another day to show the motivational work we did yesterday - with ALL FOUR DOGS!! Caden and Ted got in on the act too yesterday and my boys are SO different from my girls. Caden is a very intense little powerhouse, and Ted thinks tracking is like a great Easter egg hunt for toys in the field. Ted is simply full of joy - I love that dog. I filmed it but it won't impress any die-hard trackers except to see his attitude is so untouched by intensive training. I'd like to keep that in Ted and not overtrain him, so am thinking hard about how to handle his tracking.

In the meantime I live with little Miss Attitude. She rewarded herself tonight by surrounding herself with toys on the bed, including some toilet paper she brought over - isn't she just a talented thing? And that look - it says "this is the life I was meant to lead..." Since she tracked so well this weekend, I indulged her.

On another note, today we were joined by Pam and her 5 month old GSD pup Sting. Pam played "judge" today and followed Jet and River. Then we walked Jet, Ted and Sting. In this photo Sting is looking up adoringly at Pam. He is getting big, and so handsome!


River did an urban track today. It was the third day in a row for her, and today she was simply struggling through her track. Her heart was there, but she was so tired. It is hard to admit she is getting older. I had to help her out a bit today, but once put back on, she finished nicely. So I learned today that 3 days in a row is too much for her now...so she will get a rest. then we will do some motivation next time we are out. She did an awesome field track yesterday which I will post later this week.


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.