Jet's Urban Track - mice, a rabbit, a crow, a snagged line - and she did well!

This track was 325 meters and just over one hour old with four turns. One was on a parking lot. The first article was a piece of work glove and the second was a plastic CD container base. It was a misty, light rain when I ran the track which was nice. Jet worked really hard, through every crazy thing that happened. It was one of those tracks where you say "OK, throw stuff at us cuz we feel ready!" I wouldn't want tracks like this too often. But it felt good at the end. Below is the video in two parts, and some photos of the track...


She started off a bit shaky, on a boulevard at the edge of a parking lot up on a hill. She keeps wanting to go a bit over the crest of the hill. At an orange snow fence she gets her wish and heads down some stairs on the other side of the road. Along the sidewalk I am thinking, "ooh, sweet" when she is suddenly focused on mice climbing into the bottoms of windows! I could see the mice myself. It was pretty gross. I had to use my "get out of that" command. It worked, but as a result, Jet nearly takes the turn dead-on and ends up circling a little and overshoots, gets tangled, but comes back right to it - when my line gets snagged! Poor thing, she is yanked and does not go back to the actual track because of it. She finds a piece of bait, does a bit of casting, then gets right on the track to find the first article.

Below is "the mouse wall..." The mice were going in and out of those ridges.
After that, you can see her ears going up - that is because a rabbit is running along the edge of her final leg! She misses her turn as a result. In the meantime, when she finally turns, a crow has been hopping along getting the bait (I missed getting it on film). 

And here is the rabbit! I think it is actually a hare, still white from winter! Jet's article was to the left of that fir tree it is running towards...I took this picture, then started to film again...
She finds her turn, and gets to the last article. It was hilarious! I was very proud of her. She is a hard worker.



(for some reason I can't open Google Earth to put a map on this post but I will)...Basically the track went south, east down some stairs and across a road to the mouse wall turn, south onto the parking lot, east to the article, east to the last turn, and north to the last article. It would be described as a CHIMNEY track with two walls on either side, a flat roof and a chimney, like so below. The track started at the right and went to the left... the Xs mark the articles.

  __x___
I            I____
I                    I
I                    I
X
Here she is, all business, indicating her final article. My little peanut.


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.