Alberta skies

You get used to the skies in Alberta. I was up on "Horn Hill" awhile ago and took this photo showing rain over my little town of Penhold! When I took this photo, I could feel the wind and knew this system was on the move in my direction. But I also knew it was not going north, and sure enough, drove north to Gasoline Alley where the sun was still shining...see the photo below...

The photo below was taken 30 minutes later, north of the photo above, and just west of "Gasoline Alley" on Highway 2. I took another photo, looking south towards my little town of Penhold, at those same clouds again!
It is really weird, it can pour rain in one spot and be dry all around it. On Sunday I drove home through train around Innisfail, and when I reached Penhold only 15 km north, things were dry. Apparently there is a geographic formation called Antler Hill south of Penhold that can be a divider for weather systems.

They say around here, if you don't like the weather, wait for five minutes. I think that poeple say that nearly everywhere, because it was the favourite saying in Thunder Bay, in northwestern Ontario, too! Weather, the one thing all Canadians can discuss for hours!

Speaking of which, the fields are all so wet! Last year at this time, I was complaining about it being too dry. I am starting to sound like a farmer!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.