Day One with Ivan Balabanov - Schutzhund Seminar

This is Dan Waters' awesome dog Ali vom Daeschel Sch III with Ivan Balabanov at the seminar being held in Calgary this weekend. Last year Dan and Ali were in the top 5 in Canada. She is such a powerhouse!

It is a great seminar and I am learning a lot.
Ivan with Caden as Brian Currey looks on.

In the past few weekends, we have taken Caden from the post to working on a long line on the field. Today, Ivan evaluated Caden on the post. After working him a bit on the post and determining Caden's grip and ability - he suddenly walked away and just said...

"Long Bite"
Dan Waters said "Whoo hoo!"

I had no idea what that meant. I was saying something about needing my long line. But no long line was required. A long bite means that I would simply hold Caden by the collar and when Ivan gave me the high sign, I said 'get him' and Caden ran down the field and launched onto the sleeve.

Ivan evaluated Caden on the post. He tested his grip to see how comfortable he was holding and if he would adjust or let go - which he would not. He said Caden was a very nice dog!
 


Caden did it three times. He is such a good dog. I am really lucky to have a dog like this as my first dog (that is what everyone keeps telling me). Unfortunately, I think that John got so caught up in watching because it was a great training moment for me, that he did not get any long bite photos (John! LOL)

So now my work is cut out for me to work on Caden's obedience, because his protection is certainly good and so is his tracking. Of course, it is mostly ME in obedience. Ivan is giving me lots of ideas to improve our teamwork. Two more days of the seminar and lots of hard work ahead tomorrow!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.