Jet's Boulevard Track and iPhone pics and video (not bad!)

I laid a track for Jet that was so fun, it followed the boulevards around two parking lots with tons of really short transitions breaking it up, to make her really work and think! Only 320 m, and one hour old with 7 Schutzhund (small) articles of cloth, leather and wood. Below Jet is indicating the THUMB of a work glove!


This small clip is from my iPhone, I forgot my camera, argh!



So below is the map. Jet's track is in yellow. 320 m and 1 hour old with 7 little articles.

I sketched in River's track tonight in light blue. I did hers last, and as you can see, I think the residual scent from running Jet's track drew her off on the hard surface. You can see her hard surface work here. When she was done and got her treat and had her harness off, she actually ran over to Jet's track and started to follow it freestyle!

I did a little track for Ted to the left of these tracks in the rectangular area of grass, and another one for Caden across the road at the top, in the soccer field which is just out of this image. So I managed to fit in four tracks in this area, in 3 hours! I will blog about the others later this week. The veg was moist from all the rain so tracking was very good.  

I practiced hanging way back and letting Jet choose to cross the road or not. It took her awhile both times to make the decision. I realize now that when I get close, I push my dogs onto roads. Interesting!

Similarly, I hung back and let her decide if there was a turn. In this case, she went out to the parking lot, came back, the followed the scent along the curb. An article brought her back up onto the boulevard, as seen in the photo below.

Her last article was the cuff of a work glove. I put it on this metal plate just to see if it caused an issue. It didn't.

TUG!
Jet's apres-tracking game.


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.