Caden's Birthday Party


Well, that's what he called it! Tonight Dan and Susan Waters and Pam Prescott came for dinner and Caden was Mr. Social as usual. All the dogs enjoyed the company but Caden has this way of making it all about him! Of course, Dan is his 2nd most favourite person in the World next to me. But tonight, after seeing Caden with company, I am thinking this is the current order in Caden's mind

# 1 person - Susan
#2 person - still Dan
#3 person - Pam
Distant 4th - Me (sigh).

I jest of course, as he is my boy. But he enjoys having guests and tonight was 'German Shepherd Night.' Caden loved Susan because she "speaks German Shepherd."


It is hard to believe he will be TWO on January 30. Where does time go? I rushed to get him, and I was so raw from losing Thorn the month before Caden was born. I have blessed the day I got Caden - through him I have made the most wonderful friends here in Alberta. And he is such a joyful, spirited companion. Because of a snowfall and high winds, we missed a couple of people, but managed to polish off the food and wine anyway!

Caden came to work with me on Friday and here are a couple of shots I took of him on a very frosty day - the famous "hoar frost" in Alberta...











And as usual, Caden rides shotgun on the drive home.


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.