Jet's final tooth checkup - 10 out of 10!


Tonight Jet has her last recheck on that fractured (and subsequently removed) tooth. Her gums have healed and our vet, Ken Hubbard, gave her a 10 out of 10 on how things look! Jet is so funny at the vet, and well, anywhere. Unlike other Alta-Pete dogs who apparently believe the camera will steal their soul, Jet believes the camera is meant to record her precocious behaviour and she is a ham! She will actually stop and pose when you point it at her, or try to figure out what pose you might want! She always waits on the chair, not on the floor (heaven forbid).

PS the 2nd link above is to Jenny Glen's Alta-Pete blog and a recent entry. Jet would like to say congrats to her mom Maid who just had a beautiful litter of 7...check it out!

In this picture, Jet is claiming the toys. Check out the green sheep that goes BAAA. She liked it, and she also liked the cow that goes MOOO. What was not funny was when a giant Newfie came into the waiting area, and Jet lowered her head in her "possessive" pose. I was able to yank her away. This dog literally knows NO FEAR! And she is all of 35 pounds.

Next the little monkey checked out the kids area. It is kind of funny (maybe it IS an Alta-Pete quirk) but tonight every time I pointed my cellphone, she sat and stopped what she was doing.

This picture however, was her idea. She saw a little dinosaur toy and because it was clearly out of reach, it was the toy she really wanted. I tried but could not get a picture of her trying to put her chin on the wooden part which is her tracking indication "show me" which of course, she also uses to tell me what she fancies. She held this pose as if to say - well, take my picture then!

I did miss a good shot right after that. Jet was mesmerized by this screen and was frozen stiff staring at it. My cell memory was full! I had to email some photos to myself, to clear the memory. When I asked her to 'pose' and do it again, she refused outright. I guess she figured out that it was not a giant cat and would not be embarrassed by looking at it again.

No pictures with her vet (I was tempted) but, this is the end of the tooth saga. Hurray! BUT we will be way more careful when playing as a group from now on. It happened so fast! But thankfully it was not a bone or joint injury from running into the fence to get a ball.


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.