Cow Town - daytrip to Calgary




Last week I had to drive to Calgary. For the past year I have driven around it and past it, or along the north end. But this time, I had to drive right downtown to the Harry Hayes Government Building to update my Passport for my upcoming trip to San Francisco! This trip will be my 50th Birthday present to me, as I play tourist then attend a writer's conference with a publishing company I am interested in. March will be a big month as I turn 50 and River turns 10 - I think we will have a joint party!

I brought River and Ted with me for the day. The weather has been freakishly warm, so there was little to no snow in Calgary.


Here is the skyline, complete with the Calgary Tower.



After being warned about what a zoo the Passport Office would be - I found a place to park immediately, and was in and out of the office in 30 minutes with great service. Since I have always been a Civil Servant, I had to take a picture of this building. It looks EXACTLY like every government building in Ontario!




It is situated next to the beautiful Bow River. In the top photo, River and Ted looking like a lovely couple on a park bench. I was clinging to their leashes, because the river was open and flowing and they were both whining to go down there!


Because of the quick service, I decided to look up Mountain Equipment Coop in downtown Calgary. Here is my lovely model River posing in the parking lot. She loved the trip. Before heading home, we had dinner wih a friend at one of my favourite restaurants - Olive Garden! Mmmm.

Fun day! And I should have my updated Passport in 10 days. I am now busy looking at other potential trips within a day's drive, down into Montana, Idaho, Colorado etc. It is very interesting to live somewhere new and not really know all of the possibilities.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.