Cat Haiku - the new additions

The new additions, Leo (left) and Haiku (right). Haiku is staying to be the official church mouser. Leo is going to Thunder Bay to live with my dad, whose old cat died last year.
Since I already take a lot of abuse from Jet, don't ask me why I decided to get a cat! Perhaps a Haiku, which is a three-line Japanese poem, can explain it better:

My church house
Sometimes has signs of mice in basement
A cat will surely help


River is nearly 10
She will stay inside the house this winter
Cat will be good friend
Photo: Leo peeking around my Japanese lamp.

So, when my friend Nancy's cat Beijing had these cute orange kittens, how could I say no? I am keeping the girl, Haiku. My dad is taking the little boy, who will be called Leo, since he looks like a little lion cub.
Photo: River has been so good with the little kittens!

I Googled 'Cat Haiku' this morning and found these hilarious ones (there are more) online. Yup, more animals in the house who think I am an idiot; it should make Jet's day...

Toy mice, dancing yarn
Meowing sounds. I'm convinced:
You're an idiot.

Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
I've lost interest.


Photo: Little Haiku


So you want to play.
Will I claw at dancing string?
Your ankle's closer.

The end.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.