Caden's Sit out of Motion Training

An honest dog!


We've been working hard on sit out of motion for SchH. Caden is always thinking and really likes to please. I just looked over to the porch and saw him SITTING beside a bag of duck breast treats. He could have helped himself but was just staring at me, hoping I'd see his good sit. River ran in when I grabbed the camera, hoping for a treat!

In the sit out of motion, you say Sit! to your dog as you heel. You keep walking and he sits and stays until you return. Recalls in SchH are NEVER done from a sit position. So you always reward backwards - so they never even anticipate that they will move forward from a sit. Caden has the sit stay downpat - I just need to have him sit faster when I am heeling, and we will have it!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.