Friends

Friends came for dinner on Saturday. What a great evening! We usually see each other while out training. What a treat to spend a few hours talking (about dogs, of course!)

My friends came for dinner on Saturday. This is my 'Alberta family!' Michelle in red (see Sufat Sheleg in the handy links to the left), and going clockwise, Nancy Anstruther and Bob Findlay (Tallywood Collies), Dan Waters my SchH guru (Susan was not able to come), and Pam and Jerry Prescott who also have a young working GSD and a mini Schnauzer. I've known Nancy for 20 years, but everyone else I've met since moving here, through the dogs. I've had two Rough Collies from Nancy, Kate and Shaman, both described in the sidebar menu to the left. Nancy's current showdog Dax is doing amazingly well - check him out here! He is beautiful.

Caden just loved Bob! Poor Nancy, a diehard Collie person caught on camera with a Shepherd on her lap. Good sport, Nancy! Caden also spent a lot of time under the table getting pats from Dan, his favourite person in the world, next to me... and sometimes I am second best to Dan, haha.


Here is a living room full of people. Nancy is giving the royal wave. It was so nice to have everyone here! I made an Italian dinner, from Jamie Oliver's cookbook Jamie at Home.


Jet is not sure if she is going to get in trouble, and you can see that Dan is not impressed, LOL. Since I am doing SchH with Jet (BH and tracking), I guess I need to treat her like a dog and not so much like a little person, mind you Jet may object to that. I was taking pictures while some very serious dog talk was going on. That's why the serious faces. Something about how dedicated you have to be to be successful and other such stuff, hours to put in, a need for focus.

Seriously, having Nancy and Dan at the table was interesting as they are both people at the top of their respective specialties - conformation, SchH. I liked hearing their point of view and advice.


Ted schmoozing with Dan. Ted is the ultimate schmoozer...


Ted moves his schmoozing game over to Jerry...


Just a shot of my table pre-company. Pretty! That's Jet's UTD rosette hanging on the cabinet. I always leave the most recent one out, until it is replaced by the next title in tracking. Sort of motivation, I guess.

You may wonder, where is River? She likes to hang out on the bed and supervise. She loves this open concept house because she can watch everything from her special place.

I was taking the picture of River, and here is Ted, pulling out all the stops, hoping that just prior to guests arriving, perhaps he can tempt me with a ball game. He is so hilarious. It's like living with a muppet, to have him putting on this stage show from my couch all the time.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.