Tracking Tests, Seminars, SchH Trials, Stockdog Clinics - spring is coming

April - Armstrong BC - UTD / TD / TDX (Sil Sanders judge)
May - Edmonton, Alberta - TD and TDX (Greg Martin judge)

These are the close ones for me. With all of this snow, I am not sure how ready Jet can be for TDX and she is my priority. I would love to try Caden and Ted in TD, but have the same problem with the weather. As I type this, it is -25 C and there is way too much ice to work even in parking lots. This is the grimmest winter I've experienced in Alberta and there's no end in sight - I can only hope for another Chinook for a weekend.

Check Canuck Dogs for premiums for these and other tests - they are starting to appear... or the CKC website for info on other tests. I see the test in Thunder Bay is in June but I just can't get their this year, with the Sch Regionals happening the same month. I also see that the Winnipeg GSD Club is having an Urban Seminar with my friend Marge Schultz! It's all on Canuck Dogs! Check it out!

I wish there were more trials, especially urban tests, in the Alberta area. This may be River's last year at it, though as long as she wants to try, I will enter her. Jet needs a TDX and UTDX, and River (as you know) only needs to pass UTDX. In my heart, she is already a UTDX dog having done so well last year - with the heartbreak end to a beautiful and challenging track. Either way, I am very happy to keep training, because I love being out tracking. But testing would be nice!

PLUS we have some SchH trials coming up this spring, including the Western Canada Regionals in Calgary on June 18 and a trial in Edmonton in May - check the GSSCC website for details. I am hoping for a BH for both Caden and Jet, and later in the year, maybe a SchH 1 for Caden as well, plus a tracking title in SchH for Jet too.

AND for anyone out there in conformation with their GSDs - there will also be a Sieger Show - you can come show at our Regionals. Contact me for info if you would like to know more. It is a very neat opportunity.

I am aiming for the Lee Lumb Stockdog Clinic and Coldstream trial in June, and another big slate of clinic / trials in August - starting with a clinic with Faansie Basson from South Africa, then a trial in Shaunnavon Saskatchewan, then the Western Canadians in Maple Creek, and then, the Canadian Nationals Cranbrook - all over two weekends! Check out the Alberta Stockdog Association website for this info and more. As with tracking - if I can get practice in (and I am very determined) I hope to trial Jet and Ted this summer too!

Or maybe even find some land... and get sheep! Things are looking good this year - I am excited!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.