Daily Greeting after work

This is what greets me every day when I come home. Everyone runs and plays with a ball. Yesterday I brought home a new lime green "Giggle Ball" which Caden immediately took because it squeaks louder. So coming home today was even more fun, watching the dogs work a new ball into their routine.
River is so happy to have the old yellow one, and she was so cute, trying to make it squeak. She has never been one to play much with toys, so I had to get a camera and capture the action. Jet and Ted have a Kong blue ball that is hollow, it is Jet's favourite. This is what it looks like when I come home and let everyone out of their pens (where they spend the day).


I am always so proud of how everyone gets along! No matter what the day is like at work it is a blessing to come home to this joy, every day. I got this statue of St. Francis of Assisi, Patron Saint of Animals, for my backyard. They say that in his presence, even a wolf acted like a tame young puppy...I love that story. My statue is holding a bunny which I love because my old yard at home had wild bunnies that showed up on the lawn. I have bunny statues in my yard and house, they mean a lot to me and remind me of home and another time.

Below is another video of my dogs playing when I come home from work. Caden uses his ball like a hammer, but Jet hangs on and gets into a game of tug. She is so good at the tug game, I think I will make her my next Schutzhund Dog! By the way, when I say out to Jet, Caden knows it is not for him. I put ALL the dogs away to do separate stuff with him, because there is no way he would OUT his ball when everyone is competing like this!


This is River, still smiling with the Giggle Ball. I think she and Caden switched, now she has the green one. What a Princess! "The Princess of Penhold..."
Jet usually wins, and Ted seems happy with running in circles around everyone. Sometimes I toss the ball right to Ted, and he runs under the picnic table to possess it for a minute. Jet emerges with it - I think he just gives it up.



I took this picture of River long after the play and greeting session was over, still making the ball squeak!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.