Scott Glen and Don win 2009 USBCHA Nursery Championship!

Please go to Jenny Glen's blog to see PHOTOS and read this exciting news. The finals are in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Jenny took a great photo of the pen, after Scott and Don completed the course. I get choked up just looking at it. You can read more about Alta-Pete Stockdogs here.

Don is also the Canadian Nursery Champion. What a year! His mother Star is handled by Alasdair MacRae. I've seen Star in trials and she is a beautiful dog to watch. She has WON the USBCHA Open championship twice. The time I saw her in Wisconsin was a week before the National. She is owned by Eileen Steinman. His sire is Don, and Irish import.
Below is a picture I took of Alasdair and Star getting the shed in Wisconsin (Jefferson)...Don's mother.
Scott was the first Canadian to WIN the USBCHA, and with Pleat who he bred (Ted's sire). He also won reserve that year. Last year, Ian Zoerb from Alberta won the National. All I can say is I AM SO PROUD AND HAPPY! and GO ALBERTA!! WHOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so blessed to be associated in a small way with such a great trainer, and nice person who truly deserves this win. For those who don't know, the Nursery is like the Kentucky Derby, where the best up and coming young dogs under three compete in tough conditions.

The Open finals continue tomorrow. How I would love to be there. Thank heavens for some good blogging by those involved to keep us up to date!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.