Fun with new friends on Labour Day weekend!

Too much fun! I have been in Alberta for a year, and I am so blessed with lots of friends, and meeting so many friendly people. I can't believe how full and busy my life has become. Thanks everyone! I visited three friends on Monday. The dogs definitely liked this place the best...
Caden is squinting his eyes with happiness. His little crooked tail is also classic dog body language for play. River WANTS that ball in his mouth! Below is the actual photo, showing the beautiful fields at the beautiful farm of Pam and Jerry Prescott in Bowden.
And she got that ball, too! (I admit, I snuck it to her and Caden knew it)...
Ted and Jet met a new friend, Dixie the Schnauzer. Dixie was such a lady next to my two scamps.
It was funny to me to see Jet being followed by Dixie. Jet has this little "stiff - legged" gait a lot of the time, but Dixie had the true terrier gait - stiff and all business while these new dogs were on "her" lawn! I hear that this morning she also went and found the treats my dogs missed while tracking last night. River with Pam's two beautiful horses. River has such a gentle presence. She used be very good at home with my own sheep, as long as she was in the round pen. She got excited if the ran out into the field, though. Earlier in the day, Ted and I met Pat and her lovely Aussie Fizz, who is starting to track. This is Ted tied while we laid a small serpentine. Pat has a beautiful place near Bentley (near Sylvan Lake) with horses, cattle and Alpacas! And this is Fizz doing a great nose-down job on his serpentine! I see another Aussie tracking whiz on the horizon!!! Those aussies can track!
The day actually started at Gull Lake in the morning, at the beautiful cottage of a friend I met last year at this time. I was going to rent a cottage on Gull Lake, but ended up in Ponoka for two months instead, and then bought my house. Annette of Gull Lake (actually from Calgary) was really my first friend here, as we talked on the phone before I even came to Alberta. She is such a neat person. We both went to the same Hay House Author's conference in Toronto last spring and have so much in common!

We took River and Jet for a walk on the trails that lead to the lake itself. It was a great start to a perfect day (just missing sheep, boo hoo).
No TV for Caden last night, he was tired from a long, fun day!
He still is such a puppy.


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.