Lessons learned the hard way

You want me to do what???
OK so just call me stupid. As I mentioned I am entered in an APDT rally on September 18th. (actually 3 trials on one day) Jenny and I only need 1 more qualifying score to get our APDT rally level 1 title. That's very cool. I entered all 3 because I thought once we got that title I'd continue in level 1 to go for my rally level 1 excellent title. Well it turns out that to go for that specific title you need to get qualifying scores in both a level 1 and level 2 at the same trial. I am not sure of all the exact details (I need to go read more on the APDT website.) but this means I would need to move up to the next level on the 18th if we get that level 1 qualifying score.

Umm have I mentioned we don't know those signs yet? Did you know that level has a jump in it? And heeling off leash around bowls with FOOD in them??? My husband laughed when I told him about this exercise. He thinks we don't have a chance in hell passing this one. It is definitely going to be a challenge given her fabulous nose and predilection for anything edible. The off leash part of level 2 shouldn't be an issue thankfully. (aside from the food exercise) She has a beautiful heel.

~sigh~ Well I know we will have fun but I admit I am probably going to be stressing out trying to get all this practice in before the trial. It's all my fault. I was unprepared and made assumptions that were wrong. The good part is that Jenny loves to train, AND I have a jump we can practice with. That helps alot. I also managed to download all the signs today. I just need to go get some cardstock and page protectors so I can add them to my binder.

This may be an epic fail on my part. I need to learn and teach 18 new signs not counting the 6 bonus signs. Thankfully some of them are a variation on signs we already know. Let this be a lesson to others to read all of the rules BEFORE you enter a trial. Know what you are supposed to be doing before you are supposed to be doing it.

Methinks the video from this might be a doozy! VBG

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.