Running with my dogs, day one

It's always been a dream of mine to run with my dogs. I've been working on my treadmill downstairs as I lose weight and get more active. Today was so cool (like fall) so when I got home, I put on my runners, grabbed Caden and took off before settling down for the evening.

We did 2.3 km in 15 minutes (map is below) doing a big loop. Caden was so good - running out a bit ahead of me the whole time. He ignored a cat, didn't stop for the stupid little dogs that always bark at us (but he did put his hackles up, as they are annoying) and was just a great running buddy! Ted and Jet go out with me on the bike - two at once - they are soooo good! So running will be Caden's thing. I can't risk cycling with him yet - he could pull me over pretty easily.

Usually I put tracking maps on this blog. The X marks my house. Next time I will aim for 20 minutes, rather than 15. This is excellent cross-training for a working dog, by the way, plus is great for bonding! But, it is mostly for me (just this once, I put myself first, haha).


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.