Transitions

Ever have that feeling like everything is changing? I'm having that feeling nearly every day lately and can't put a finger on why. I came to Alberta with all kinds of plans, and it is as though Alberta has told me my life will be different than I expected. Nothing is panning out as I imagined, but things that are happening are different and exciting too.

Including new hair, as of yesterday! Sorry for a 'me in the mirror' shot, but friends were asking...

I'm watching River suddenly show her age and thinking perhaps a Tracking Championship is not in the cards, but as long as she is happy and willing, I am going to finish that journey with her. I am watching Jet mature, she'll be five in October, and the two of us have not fulfilled that dream of trialing. That breaks my heart, but without sheep she can't be a good trial dog. Its simply impossible. I'm loving my Ted dog who is happy doing anything (thank goodness for Ted!) but who would be happiest with sheep too. And unexpectedly I'm doing Schutzhund with Caden. And through Caden, have met the most wonderful people.

We'll keep up the tracking of course, but it used to be SOOO important, and now there are a lot of things going on in life outside of dogs -- who knew there WAS a life outside of dog stuff? That's a real new one on me !! I'm even getting back into my music, and writing up a storm in my cute little studio-style house.

Still looking for that piece of land...but loving my house and yard. And really, really grateful for everything. This is NOT a 'complaint' post, just an observation that sometimes, life goes down a path we least expected and new people are met in the most unexpected of places!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.