Ted in the Canola

A week ago I was on my way to my friend Pam's for tracking, just west of Bowden. I passed this glorious canola field and had to stop and take a photo. My first photo was just of the field. It was missing something. I was on the roadside so of course, the dog who got called out to pose was my BEST behaved buddy Ted. He leaped out with such enthusiasm, while the other dogs were completely incensed that they were not chosen.

He posed so many ways...he is so anxious to please! I absolutely love this dog and always send a silent blessing to Scott Glen for pairing us up. I liked this photo best - it is Ted's earnest face. I love the starkness of Ted's black and white (he is actually a tri-colour) to the yellows and greys. This is now my profile picture for Facebook and Twitter. I may even have to print it the old fashioned way and frame it.

PS I love all my dogs, but here is what I predict had I taken any of the others out for the photo...

Jet - a great shot of her tail as she disappears into the field thinking sheep must be out there
Caden - glued to the dog trailer behind my car waiting for me to open it and get out his ball
River - running circles around the car in excitement because we must be about to track

By contrast - Ted - adoringly sticks by me saying 'what can I do for you' .... Ted - WHY can't you be a man?


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.