Missing my little buddy tonight, Shaman

I just saw a photo of a tri on John Buddie's facebook page (Tartanside Collies) and it is such a beautiful dog I felt like posting some pictures of Shaman. I remember the day Nancy Anstruther (Tallywood) called me about Shaman, saying she had a special dog for me. I loved sables then, and she said 'he's a tri - get over it.' (as only Nancy can). I did - in fact I think tri-colour is now my favourite colour, Jet and Ted are both tris too.
Shaman actually reminded me of my first collie Beau in temperament, as Beau was also a very dominant male! And very loyal. This is me with Beau (above).

Shaman was a special boy - he had no fear and a zest for life. He finished quickly, loved to herd sheep and had a HIT and was #1 in Canada too, he got a TD on his first try, and was a dominant boy - plus he loved to swim! I think this is my favourite picture of him, wading into a pond on a hot day. He died last year, after making it here to Alberta with us. He had some kind of Cancer, though it was a bit of a mystery as the tumour originally diagnosed disappeared - even though he would have relapses from something. What a strong boy, strong minded and not an easy dog to live with - but a great teacher and a dog who made me look good!

Just missing my little buddy tonight...



Bad boy butts, Thorn and Shaman


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.